Project

General

Profile

Bug #296

configure fails to detect sqlite3 on Mac OS X

Added by almost 13 years ago. Updated almost 12 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Target version:
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Resolution:
fixed

Description

The configure script fails to detect sqlite3 (an probably also mysql) on Mac OS X.

I figured out configure.in just looks for '.so'-files, but the extension for dynamic libraries on Apple's OS is 'dylib'.
In my attached patch I replaced the hard-coded extension. It will be substituted to 'dylib' on Mac OS and 'so' on all other platforms.

patch View - Patch for configure.in (1.38 KB) , 07/04/2008 07:36 PM

History

#1 Updated by Yoann VANDOORSELAERE almost 13 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Assigned

The patch look good!

Could you confirm that it work for [[MySQL]] detection, and bring no regression on this side?
Additionally, could you provide me your full name so that I can give you credit in the [[ChangeLog]]?

Thanks!

#2 Updated by almost 13 years ago

Okay, I'm going to check compatibility with different [[MySQL]] installations on Mac OS X in the next days.

Regards,
Uwe Schwartz

#3 Updated by almost 13 years ago

I've ran 2 test with a stable [[MySQL]]-5-Version and with Mysql Version 6 on Mac OS X.
Typically they install into /usr/local/mysql (symlink to /usr/local/mysql-VERSION)
running ./configure --with-mysql=PATH mysql_config will be detected successfully und building works fine.

The configure.in script also contains checks for headers and libraries. I don't know under which circumstances this is required.
But it won't work on Mac OS X because headers and libs are in /usr/local/mysql/include and /usr/local/mysql/lib and these directories are not checked by configure.in.

I think, this is a general problem with not-unified-OSes like Mac OS X.

#4 Updated by Yoann VANDOORSELAERE almost 13 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

(In r10688) Include patch from Uwe Schwartz <usx303 at googlemail.com>,
fixing SQLite and [[MySQL]] detection under [[MacOSX]]. Fix #296.

#5 Updated by Yoann VANDOORSELAERE almost 13 years ago

Patch included, thanks for your contribution!

#6 Updated by Yoann VANDOORSELAERE almost 12 years ago

  • Project changed from PRELUDE SIEM to LibpreludeDB
  • Category deleted (2)
  • Target version deleted (0.9.15)

Also available in: Atom PDF