- Use libev in place of the server-logic architecture: libev provides the most scalable event notification mechanism available on a given operating system.
- New connection-timeout option, governing the maximum number of seconds a client might take to authenticate (default: 10 seconds).
- Fix a possible file descriptor leak on connection closure error.
- Massive cleanup of the build process, enable RELRO when possible.
- Fix a number of potential race in the reverse relaying code.
- When reverse relaying messages, encode the same message once for all recipients: this improve performance with more than one reverse
relaying client (was a long time FIXME).
- Libev introduction also fix a rare issue where server-logic would not notice a dead connection.